INFINITI Vision System Features
With Alcon’s new INFINITI system, cataract surgeons now have three options for removing a cataract: ultrasonic phacoemulsification, ultrasound with oscillation, and liquification.
Ultrasonic phacoemulsification has long been the “gold standard” for cataract surgery. In phacoemulsification surgery, a small ultrasonic probe is inserted into a very small incision on the edge of the eye. This probe gently breaks the cloudy lens into tiny pieces and suctions the cataract out of the eye.
The INFINITI offers a new method that uses both ultrasound and mechanical oscillation to help break up the cataract faster, and may allow the surgeon greater control of lens tissue than traditional ultrasound.
- The increased flexibility and multiple removal options provide surgeons with more control over the lens removal procedure.
- Physicians can choose the method of cataract removal that will most benefit the patient.
- Ophthalmic phacoemulisifier that provides customized cataract surgery.
- Features fluidics with two unique energy delivery systems, providing surgeons the ability to customize cataract lens removal.
- The system’s OZIL® Torsional Handpiece delivers side-to-side, oscillating ultrasonic movement. Precise pumping capability provides forward and reverse actuation up to 100cc per minute.
- Provides both an exclusive irrigation pressure sensor (IPS) and a vacuum pressure sensor (VPS).The new technology may reduce the risk of thermal burns and other potential complications
INFINITI Vision System Specifications
- Height: 160 cm (63″)
- width: 58.5 cm(23″)
- Depth: 76 cm (30″)
- Weight, Unpacked: 107 kg (235 lbs)
- Weigh, Packed: 150kg ( 330lbs)
Environmental / Physical Requirements
- Altitude, Operating:2,438 meters ( 8,000 ft)
- Altitude, Non-Operating: 12,191 meters (40,000 ft)
- Temperature, Operating: 10ºC to 35º C ( 50º F to 95ºF)
- Temperature, Non-Operating: -40º C to 60ºC (_40ºF to 140ºF)
- Relative Humidity, Operating: 10% to 95% without condensation
- Relative Humidity, Non-Operating: 10% to 95% without condensation
- 100 – 120 VAC, 50/^) Hz
- 220 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz