Dräger Fabius OS Features
The Drager Fabius OS is a highly accurate, third-generation E-vent piston ventilator. The Fabius OS does not require drive gas to operate. The universal design of the electronically controlled, electrically driven piston ventilator enables clinicians to effectively ventilate a wide range of patients at different acuity levels from neonates to adults. This Fabius is optimized for safe and accurate delivery of low-flow anesthesia due to its precision piston ventilator, fresh gas decoupling valve, and actively heated breathing system, which is designed to eliminate rainout.
- Familiar operation and layout ensures ease of use and a short learning curve.
- RS 232 enables communication with automated record keeping systems for enhanced patient throughput.
- Convenient compact breathing system (COSY).
- Ventilates any patient – even as your needs change to accommodate sicker patients with more complex procedures.
- Consumes no drive gas, allowing dramatically increased ventilation time and reduced cost.
Dräger Fabius OS Specifications
- 296 lbs. (134.2 kg) (base unit without vaporizers or cylinders).
- 40.7 x 52 x 33 ″ (103.5 x 132 x 84 cm) (W X H X D) (with Cosy and 3-Vaporizer Mount).
- 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.3 A max. (non-configurable).
- Up to 120 minutes, minimum 45 minutes. (With fully charged batteries.)
- Electronically controlled, electrically driven.
Operating Modes Standard:
- Volume Controlled Ventilation, Manual Ventilation, Spontaneous Breathing.
Operating Modes Options:
- Pressure Controlled Ventilation, Pressure Support.
- 4 to 60 1/min.
Max. Minute volume (MV):
- 0 to 99.9 L/min.
Positive end-expiratory pressure:
- 0 – 20 cmH2O (PEEP).
Inspiration / Expiration ratio:
- 4 : 1 to 1 : 4 (TI:TE).
- 15 – 70 cmH2O (PMAX).
Tidal Volume (VT):
- 20 – 1400 mL in Volume Control.
Inspiratory pause (TIP:TI):
- 0 – 50 %.
Inspiratory pressure (PINSP):
- PEEP + 5 to 65 cmH2O.
Inspiratory flow (InspFlow) 1:
- 0 – 75 L/min in Volume and Pressure Control.
- 10 – 85 L/min in Pressure Support.
Pressure Support Level (Δ PPS):
- PEEP + 3 to 20 cmH2O.
Min. Frequency for apnea-ventilation:
- 3 – 20 1/min and “ OFF ” (Freq. Min).
- 2 – 15 L/min.
Integrated safety functions:
- Sensitive Oxygen Ratio Controller (S-ORC) guarantees a minimum O2 concentration of 23% in an O2/N2O mixture.
- N2O cut-off if O2 fresh gas valve is closed or if O2 flow is less than 0.2 L/min.
- Audible and visual (flashing red LED) indication in case O2 pressure drops below 20 psi (1.4 bar) ± 4 psi (0.3 bar).
- In case of electricity and battery failure, manual ventilation, gas delivery and agent delivery are possible.
- Positive pressure relief valve opens at 75 ± 5 cmH2O.
- Negative pressure relief valve opens at – 7.5 to – 9 cmH2O.
Range of fresh gas flow indicators:
- 0.00 to 12.0 L/min.
Total fresh gas flow meter:
- 0 to 10 L/min, calibrated with a mixture of 50 % O2 and 50 % N20 mixture.
- At 55 psi (3.8 kPa x 100): max. 50 L/min.
- At 50 psi (3.4 kPa x 100): max. 35 L/min.
- Auto Exclusion Drä ger mount.
- 6.5” (16.5cm) black/amber.
- Continuous monitoring of inspiratory O2 concentration, breathing frequency, tidal volume, minute volume, mean or plateau pressure, peak airway pressure as well as PEEP.
- In addition, all fresh gas flow information is displayed as virtual flow tubes.
- 1 x RS 232 (Standard).
- Vitalink and Medibus.
Data available for export:
- All fresh gas flow, ventilation and O2 data, flow and pressure real-time waveform.
Volume of CO2 absorber:
- 1.5 Liter, Option: Dräger Medical’s prefilled CLIC absorber (1.2 l).
- O2, N2O & Air.
- O2, N2O, Air, pin index yokes.
- Gas scavenging, patient suction, power outlet strip, additional O2 flow tube.
Volume of entire compact breathing system:
- 1.7 Liter + bag.